Q: How does PowerSchool Learning send grades to PowerTeacher?
A: PowerSchool Learning sends grades to PowerTeacher whenever they are entered in your Learning class. Scores are automatically sent over immediately after being entered for any activity or when a score is automatically generated (i.e Assessments).
Note: This article covers topics that are only available for School/Districts that have their PowerSchool SIS & Learning modules integrated with grade return enabled. If you don't see the options described below, please reach out to your School/District's admin team via Help > Contact my Organization.
What information is sent to PowerTeacher?
- Max Points
- Titles & Descriptions
- Due Dates
- Rubric Scores
These items will also be updated in PowerTeacher as they are updated in PowerSchool Learning.
Are these items published in PowerTeacher?
- Yes! Assignments sent to PTP are set to Publish Assignment Immediately and Publish Scores is enabled. If you do not wish to publish the Assignment or its scores, you should disable these in PowerTeacher Pro after creating the Assignment.
Can Rubrics work with PowerTeacher?
- Teachers can use both Qualitative & Quantitative Rubrics for activities in Learning classes. Teachers can use Quantitative Rubrics to generate scores that will return to PowerTeacher.
- Students and Parents will be able to view published Rubrics in Learning by viewing a specific Assignment's details.
- All rubrics are not accessible directly via PowerTeacher.
What information isn't sent to PowerTeacher?
- Special Score Notations
- Extra Points / Extra Credit
* All Gradebook Entries from PowerSchool Learning are by default pushed to the Category Classwork in PowerTeacher Pro, or the Category TEST in the old PowerTeacher Gradebook. If no such Category exists, the first Category listed will be picked.
What might prevent my Assignments or Grades from pushing to PowerTeacher?
- Grades exceeding the maximum score for the Assignment
- Assignments outside of the Grading Term
- Non-Unique Assignments
- A Gradebook Entry pushing to an inactive Category in PowerTeacher
- A Gradebook Entry pushing to a Category not controlled by the lead Teacher in PowerTeacher.
- An Assessment created without a Due Date
Please note: PowerTeacher currently limits the Title field for all Gradebook Entries to 50 characters or less. Titles in Learning longer than this limit will be truncated before being sent to PowerTeacher. PowerTeacher also limits the Gradebook Entry description to 4000 characters or less. Descriptions in Learning longer than this limit will be truncated before being sent to PowerTeacher.
You can see if grades have been successfully sent to PowerTeacher by navigating to Grades > Gradebooks in your Learning class. If you see any additional symbols in the cell, like or you may need to click on the Resend button at the top of the Gradebook Entry. If there are any persisting problems with sending the grades to PowerTeacher, a small badge will appear on the top right corner of the Grades tab, with a number indicating how many faults there were in the gradepush.
In this case, please reach out to your School/District's admin team.