Q. What happens to my original Learning Gradebook when I add the PowerTeacher grade return to my class?
A. Don't worry, your existing Learning Gradebook will still live in your class! If your school has recently set up the PowerSchool integration, you will now have both a PowerTeacher or PowerTeacher Pro Gradebook and your original Gradebook. You can move Learning Gradebook entries to your new Gradebook, if needed.
What happens to my original Traditional Gradebook?
Now that you have both Gradebooks in your class, you and your Students will continue to have access to that original Gradebook and all associated scores through the Gradebooks area of the Grades tab.
However, you will also have the PowerTeacher Logs option listed. To have grades push to PowerTeacher, just Edit any existing item to move it to PowerTeacher Logs, or create a new item with a Gradebook entry.
Moving items to PowerTeacher
You can move any existing items that are in your original Gradebook to PowerTeacher by editing them. This example edits an Assignment:
- Navigate to the Assignments area of the Activities tab, and find your Assignment.
- Select the Pencil Icon to Edit Assignment.
- Use the Gradebook dropdown menu to select PowerTeacher Logs.
- Hit Save to keep your changes, and the Gradebook Entry will be moved to PowerTeacher.
- Miscellaneous Gradebook Entries cannot be added or moved to PowerTeacher at this time. To recreate these items, one option is to create an Assignment without the option for students to submit work online.
- Comments are not available in PowerTeacher. When moving a Score with Comments to PowerTeacher, all comments will be hidden. To view your original comments, you can always move this entry back to your Traditional Gradebook in PowerSchool Learning.