Q. How do I publish grades to students and parents in the Standards-Based Gradebook?
A. To publish grades in the Standards-Based Gradebook, open the Gradebook and click on the Publish icon.
This will open the SBG Publishing Options window.
Here, you have several options for how you want grades to be published.
- Publish SBG grades as they are entered means that students and parents will be able to see scores as soon as they are recorded.
- Publish all entries through ... lets you reveal all scores recorded before the date you choose, but not scores after that date.
- Don't show any SBG grades to parents or students means that parents and students cannot see any scores.
Then, you can choose the Grading Periods for which your Overall Grades are published. (If you're not using Overall Grades, then changes made here will have no effect unless you enable Overall Grades later.)
- Whether or not parents see Standards-Based Grades will depend on your domain's Class Settings.
- If you publish an Overall Grade, the Overall Grade that students and parents see will include published scores only, but the Overall grade the teacher sees will include all scores, including those that aren't published.