Q. How do I set up Apex Learning for my Organizations?
A. Set up Apex Learning SSO (Single-Sign-On) for an Organization on the Partner Tools tab of Domain Control.
Please note: This feature is only available to School & District Edition at this time.
Before you get started, make sure that you have already received your BaseURL, Encryption Key, sourceOrgld and an externalUserID from Apex Learning as you'll need them to complete this process.
Once you've gathered those items, here's what you can do:
- Navigate to your PowerSchool Learning Domain Control
Select Applications > Partner Tools
- Choose the Enabled checkbox to the right of Apex Learning
- Click Settings to view a list of the Organizations on your PowerSchool Learning Domain
- Select Edit icon() to add Apex Learning SSO to an Organization
- Enter the BaseURL, Encryption Key and sourceOrgld that you received from Apex Learning.
- Select the externalUserID that was decided upon with Apex Learning
- Click Save and you're on your way!
Now when you view the Apex Learning settings, you will be able to see the status of Apex Learning for each Organization in your PowerSchool Learning Domain.
Here is a quick breakdown of each status color:
- Green - Apex Learning SSO is Enabled for this Organization
- Yellow - the settings are correct, but there aren't any users that match the externalUserID or there are no users within that Organization
- Red - Apex Learning SSO is Disabled for this Organization
Learn more about how teachers can access Apex Learning in our article on Signing into Apex Learning.