Q: How do I add G Suite integration to my existing PowerSchool Learning School Domain? Are there other considerations?
A: G Suite integration provides single-sign-on to PowerSchool Learning using your G Suite account. Your users will also be able to navigate to PowerSchool Learning directly from their G Suite navigation bar.
Before we show you how to add G Suite integration for your existing PowerSchool Learning domain there are a couple of important items that you should take into consideration that may affect your timing of rolling out this feature.
Because of the following considerations, you may want to coordinate the upgrade to happen at a natural break in your school year or user schedule.
- After PowerSchool Learning is installed on G Suite, to get Single Sign On working you will still need to associate PowerSchool Learning users with their Google account (by importing their Google email address, see the import specification for more details).
- If you have subdomains in Google, the Google SuperAdmin account must be associated with your primary Google Apps For Education domain.
- Be sure to let PowerSchool Learning know if you do have subdomains as they will need to associate the subdomains after the initial integration is in place.
- After integration is complete, integrated users will be signing on with their Google accounts, not their previous PowerSchool Learning accounts.
- Turning on the integration will replace your current login page with a login page that supports Google functionality. If you have a custom branded login page then you will want to coordinate with PowerSchool Learning staff so that we can build you a new branded login page that includes the Google login. We can usually create you a new login page within five business days.
If you have questions, please contact your School Advisor.
Adding G Suite to your existing PowerSchool Learning Domain
To add G Suite Integration to an existing PowerSchool Learning Domain you must first enter your G Suite Apps domain name in PowerSchool Learning. To do this:
- Log into your PowerSchool Learning Domain using an Admin account.
- Go to the Partner Tools area of the Applications Tab in the Domain Control and click the Settings button next to G Suite Integration
3. Enter your G Suite Domain* name and Save