Q: If I have a lot of manual users with Google IDs but no Import IDs, what's the best way to give them Import IDs?
A: You can create import IDs for users through an export. Follow the instructions below to add Import IDs to your manual users with Google IDs.
Before you can begin, you have to have manual editing and exports allowed in order to do this: check Domain Control > Manage Domain (the cog icon)> Settings > General > Imports & Exports.
Once you have your Imports & Exports Settings in place you are ready to begin adding your Import IDs.
1. Go to Domain Control and select Manage Domain (the gear icon), Imports & Exports
2. Select Download (A), and click on Generate New Export or Refresh Export File (B), then choose Download Export File (C).
*Remember: while imports only affect records with Import IDs, exports pull records with Import IDs and records with Google IDs only.
3. Unzip the export file (this will be used as the starting point for your new import file). Go into users.csv and find the users with a Google ID but no Import ID.
4. Give each of these users a unique Import ID (following whatever conventions you've set for creating Import IDs). Remember: Import IDs must be stable (the user's Import ID shouldn't ever change) and unique (no other user ever has the same Import ID).
Note: if these users don't have roles yet, you can also assign these roles now.
5. Zip the CSV files back up and upload them as a new import.
This should give each of your existing accounts with only Google IDs the Import IDs assigned to them in your new users.csv file. As a result, these accounts can now be managed by import.