Q: How do I import my Moodle Backup (.mbz format) or Common Cartridge file (.imscc) into my class?
A: You can use the Import Content area of the Manage Class menu to upload Moodle Backup and Common Cartridge files to any existing or new class. Note that there are some limitations to what will be imported and how it will be imported. For some details on limitations, check out this article.
- Navigate to the class where you would like to import the Moodle backup content.
- Click on the Import/Export option from the Manage Class drop down.
- Click on the Choose File button and select the .mbz or .imscc file you'd like to import, or drag-and-drop into the area provided. Please note: PowerSchool Learning only supports backups from Moodle version 2.0 or higher at this time. Check out our article on converting to Moodle version 2.0.
- Select the Upload button. The progress of the upload will be displayed.
- Click on the Import button. When the Import is successful, select the # items imported or # items failed menu headers to expand and view your results.
- Finally click the Close button. All imported pages and blocks will be added to the bottom of your Pages list, and visible in the left-hand navigation page.
For a full breakdown of what can be brought in from Moodle, check out our article: Does PowerSchool Learning support Moodle imports? For more information on what will and will not be included, check out our article: Does PowerSchool Learning support imports from other Learning Management Systems?