This version was released on 7 December 2013.
Missed the official 8.5 Release Hangout with Haiku? Check it out here on our YouTube channel.
- You can now view Gradebook Statistics by hovering over any Gradebook entry.
- Students can opt in to receive instant email notifications when they have a new published grade
- Students and Parents now see a Due Date column in their view of the Grades area, category subtotals, and more!
- Standards-Based Gradebook now uses Grading Periods and can be filtered by Grading Period.
- Domain Admins will now get emails when they have overages.
- When you sort by last name in the Gradebook Roster, Student last names will now appear first.
- The Gradebook Roster expands to take into consideration longer student names (previously they were cut off).
- Category Subtotals now display in the traditional Gradebook.
- You can now weight Categories and Gradebook Entries at zero percent.
- Domain Vital Stats updated to include new charts and overage screen layout.
- Domain Control Accounts & Classes listing now displays Domain Role counts (rather than Class Roles).
- YouTube embeds and popups now always use the secure embed option.
- Poll Result and Statistics charts now use HTML5 and can be viewed on mobile devices.
- All interfaces now use the common GB measurement of 1024MB.
- Image orientation tags should now be read correctly upon upload.
- Various other small fixes and changes.
Special thanks to William Lemei at Coronado USD, Peter Shetler at Bethany Christian Schools, and Frank Stingo at Mater Dei Catholic High School and everyone who has provided us with valuable Gradebook feedback this fall!