Q: Can I link to a specific spot on a PowerSchool Learning Page using an anchor?
A: Yes, you can, but the process is not necessarily intuitive. Due to how PowerSchool Learning loads the content of a page (dynamic/on-demand) it is only possible to link to a specific block (not an anchor within a block).
When would I use this?
Instead of maintaining identical blocks on different pages, you can simply link to a block on a different page. Giving out the link to a video within a class? Link to the specific block where you've embedded the video.
Steps to link to a block on another page:
1. Navigate to the page that contains the block to which you want to link.
2. Open the Three-bar Menu, then select Developer within Firefox. From there, select the Inspector option. Chrome also has this ability but for the purpose of this article I will use Firefox (Instructions may vary based on Browser, Browser version and Operating System).
3. Click on the “Inspector” option from the Inspector/Inspect bar at the bottom of window (see image below).
4. Click on the block to which you would like to link. Hint: Make sure entire block is selected as in image above!
5. Copy the id # for the box and add "?block=id#" to the end of the link.
6. Click on the Link option while editing in the new block.
7. Paste the URL into the Link field.
8. Finally, click OK
- If the block I want to link to has an id of “35040907”
- and it can be found on the page https://you.haikulearning.com/teacher/class/cms_page/view/3933154
- then I would add “?block=35040907” to the end of the page link.
- The final URL would look like the URL below: