Q: How is the PowerTeacher Pro integration different from the PowerTeacher Gradebook integration?
A: In many ways it is the same, but there are a few key differences. Please see below:
- They use the same interface in PowerSchool Learning – in fact, you can have one class in PowerSchool Learning where one Section is using PowerTeacher Gradebook and one section is using PowerTeacher Pro.
- Both integrations also have the same basic behavior:
- You can create an Activity in PowerSchool Learning and have it sent to PowerTeacher (so a corresponding PowerTeacher Assignment gets created in the SIS).
- You can enter scores in PowerSchool Learning and have them sent to PowerTeacher. Doing so will overwrite the existing score in PowerTeacher with the new score from PowerSchool Learning.
- You can also enter scores in PowerTeacher.
- You can see whether there were any errors by going to the Gradebook in PowerSchool Learning.
- The PowerTeacher Pro gradepush requires v10.1+. If you are not using 10.1 yet, you can only do the gradepush with PowerTeacher.
- PowerTeacher Pro has some new features:
- Some fields are "controlled" by PowerSchool Learning, so they're not editable in PowerTeacher Pro. This makes it harder to accidentally get your PowerTeacher Assignments out of sync with the corresponding PowerSchool Learning Activities.
- For Learning Assignments, you can view, annotate, score, and hand back student work in PTP or in PowerSchool Learning.